Best Flashlight For Camping Of 2020-The Ultimate Buying Guide
One of the must-have equipment to carry during a camping expedition has proven to be a flashlight. The flashlight is useful for various activities, especially after dusk. Such activities include cooking, walking, hiking or reading your favorite book just to mention but a few. Therefore, it is necessary to have an appropriate flashlight to avoid disappointments when out there.
There are some factors that are essential, and one has to consider before choosing a camping flashlight. They include:
- The cost of the flashlight.
- The type of bulbs and batteries the flashlight uses and the cost of replacing them.
- The specific features of the flashlight.
10 Best Flashlight For Camping- Product Review
01. Klarus Upgraded XT11GT
This flashlight is a tactical light that is compact and its USB rechargeable. The LED flashlight provides a maximum of 2000 lumens. Can be used easily with only one hand thanks to a dual tactical tail switch tail feature.it also has aside switch which can be used for advanced operations. Its features include.
- It has three operating settings, that is, tactical setting, outdoor setting and advanced tactical settings enabling it to have wide usage.
- In total it has six brightness settings and two flashing modes all with different runtime.
- The side switch features a lock function that avoids unintended lighting.
- It has a battery capacity indicator which controls the usage of power that allows the user to control the usage and adjust brightness according to the charge remaining.
- It has a smart ITS temperature control system. Its function is to monitor temperature and adjusts the output appropriately to protect internal parts like the LED.
- It can resist an impact up to 1 meter making it strong.
Easy to operate.
With lumen of 2000, it produces a great light over a long distance.
It comes with a bundle of accessories like pocket clip and holster.
Does not come with an adjustable focus.
This model produces a great light that can be helpful while at the campsite to illuminate the way while walking or hiking or just to provide light in the tent.
However, the light can be somewhat blinding when reading to some people. The price of the flashlight is considerate but fairly affordable.
02. Klarus G20L
The 3000 lumens flashlight with a maximum run time of 150 hours, comes with a micro-USB charging port which is used for fast charging. It has two strobes and four lighting levels; turbo, high, medium, low.
- It has a grooved texture which makes it ergonomically. It makes the flashlight both comfortable and also avoids hands from slipping off.
- It has an independent dual switch control system; one on the side and another at the tail.
- It contains an intelligent digital charging module that monitors the charging status and thus prevents overcharging.
- Intelligent battery capacity indicator that keeps you alert on the status of the battery and when to charge.
- Smart temperature protection system which monitors the internal temperature and adjusts appropriately to protect the components.
- The material used, an Aluminum Alloy Lens Hardened Mineral Glass; AR coated makes it scratch resistant and also durable.
It is waterproof making it fit to use in any weather condition.
Emits evenly distributed light because of its reflector design and its coating which is light in texture.
It can only use one Li-ion 26650 Battery. You cannot use 18650, 16340 or CR123A batteries.
This model comes in a kit which includes the flashlight, the car charger, lanyard, holster, SKYBEN light. The flashlight provides you with a variety of light brightness to choose from making it ideal for camping. Its quality is excellent and fits its price tag.
03. Fenix PD35 TAC 1000 Lumen
This flashlight uses the latest technology of Cree XP-L (V5) LED and had a lumen of 1000 with a lifespan of about 50,000 hours. It uses either two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries or 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery. It can easily be switched from tactical mode to outdoor mode by just pressing and holding the side button for 3 seconds.
- It has a low voltage reminder that will help you know when to recharge or do a battery replacement.
- The inclusion of the intelligent memory circuit is necessary because when you turn it on, it enters the last output mode that was used automatically.
- You need not worry if you place or install your batteries improperly. The flashlight comes with reverse polarity protection, therefore, protecting it from damage.
- It’s design offers comfortability in handling. It has an anti-roll design and grooves that prevent slip hence making it more comfortable to use.
It’s durable since it’s made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
It’s lighting is amazing. it contains settings that help you use it after dusk or even during the day.
It’s waterproof. It can stay underwater for around 30 minutes.
This Fenix PD35 TAC proves to be among the best flashlights. It produces a strong light beam and is versatile in its functioning. The flashlight lights and can be carried around in the pocket. It is actually can be used in several situations and therefore proving to be of great value for your money.
04. ThruNite TN12 2016
The ThruNite TN12 (2016) is an EDC flashlight that is compact and also reliable and ergonomically shaped for camping, emergency and other outdoor activities like hunting. It uses the latest Cree XP-L V6 LED and gives out a maximum of 1100 lumens. It contains a centralized LED bulb which helps to focus the beam.
- It is knurled around the handling area. This increases grip.
- It has an improved circuit design. This makes obvious the brightness difference between High and Max modes.
- It has a side switch which is stainless steel. The operation is therefore made more sensitive.
- It has the firefly mode which uses a 0.4-lumen setting. It is essential to protect your eyes from blinding at night when reading a map or a book.
- Has a dual switch setup, so you don’t have to worry when you accidentally press on the side switch without the need for a lockout.
It is small in size and light in weight, therefore, can be carried around easily.
It also comes with clips that help you place it on the belt, outside pocket, bike or even your cap.
It is gasket sealed and has an O-ring that makes it waterproof to 2 meters for about 30 minutes.
Durable because of the anodized aluminum construction and can resist impact fall of up to 1.5 meters.
The flashlight cannot be recharged.
This flashlight has multiple usages making it be considered among the best. The fact that it uses LED bulb makes it produce a cool white light, therefore, avoiding the heating effect of other types of flashlights. If you are looking for a flashlight that is less than $50 then good news! You’ve found it!
05. FENIX PD40R
Another great flashlight manufactured by Fenix. It has a 26650 USB rechargeable Li-ion power battery and produced a lumen of 3000
- The output is digitally regulated. This helps to maintain a constant brightness.
- It comes with a reverse polarity protection part. It protects the flashlight from improper battery insertion.
- It contains a battery level indicator. This shows you the level of battery clearly and helps you know the correct time to recharge the flashlight.
- Intelligent memory circuit memorizes the last-used brightness level to resume when turned on again.
- The availability of orange peel reflector plays a role in producing a smooth beam and therefore a better lighting experience.
- The flashlight has five modes of Operation and also Strobe and SOS.
Has a toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating that resists impact.
It is waterproof and can be submersible to about 2 meters.
The inclusion of the intelligent overheat protection feature protects the flashlight from excess heat produced.
It does not have a spotlight feature
It doesn’t have a pocket clip.
This flashlight proves to be very important as a floodlight. It can, therefore, be used to light up an area around the campsite. It has some setbacks from most of its users.
The 3000 lumen light doesn’t function appropriately, and it does not have a pocket clip. It also has a short lanyard for your wrist that makes it able to be used as an EDC. It is more of a floodlight than a tactical light. It is price is moderately high.
06. LED Tactical Flashlight – Wsiiroon
This handheld portable flashlight has a lumen of 1600 that can help it function both as a floodlight and spotlight. The spotlight beam distance is around 200m. It takes three standard AAA or a single 18650 rechargeable.
- It has five modes: (High, Medium, Low, Strobe, Emergency) and working life of 50,000 hours.
- Has an adjustable focus that is helpful in different situations.• The construction material used makes it very durable.
Is both waterproof and shockproof making it perfect to use in during rainy or snowy weather.
It is light hence easy to carry with you as a backup and is small enough to fit in your pocket, handbag or even the glove compartment.
Zooming is smooth (rotating the head), and this zooming feature helps it function as both a spotlight and a floodlight.
Has a low battery life
The fact that it can be used as both spotlight and flashlight makes it a great flashlight to use at the campsite. It also produces a bright light of a maximum of 1600 lumens. It can be used when it’s rainy but not that effective when submerged in water or to use during diving. Another great thing about it is that it.
07. Anker Super Bright Tactical Flashlight
This flashlight has a maximum of 900 lumens and uses Cree LED bulb that illuminates a length of 200 meters. It can also be zoomed to obtained a narrow or wide beam according to your preference. It includes a micro USB cable that ensures fast recharge. The LEDs has a great lifespan of about 50,000 hours.
- It is long lasting and can last up to 6 hours at medium-beam mode effective when performing camping activities.
- The aluminum body makes it durable and shock resistant and therefore can endure rough handling.
- The design is perfect in that it has pocket-friendly compact chassis and an anti-slip finish that grasps firmly in your hand.
- It contains an overcharge prevention circuit that cuts out charging process when the battery is fully charged.
- It has an extra-long handle and scalloped-bezel that are made primarily for striking.
Can be used in different weather conditions, that is, during rain or cold conditions. It can still light up to a temperature of 14F!
It’s durability is enhanced by the material used to manufacture it.
It’s water resistant.
It’s integrated circuit helps the flashlight produce a consistent light everytime.
It contains a lot of options that may seem confusing at first.
The flashlight offers you a bright light even in strobe level making it useful in brightening up a tent or even the yard. Moreover, charging the flashlight is fast and takes a longer time to recharge again. Its pricing is also quite fair and therefore a good.
08.Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA 350 lumens
The main feature of this flashlight is that it can use either single lithium or alkaline battery (AA or C123 lithium batteries). This feature increases its flexibility in the campsite in that it can be used as a backup light.It has a maximum lumen of 350 which makes it bright when using.
Some other important features are:-
It is compact and light in weight. The 0.39-pound gadget is small in size compared to the brightness it produces. It can be carried around easily.
The flashlight is built to last. It made of anodized aluminum; shock mounted, AR coated, impact-resistant hence making it last longer.
It has a C4 LED technology. This is key in providing great brightness throughout the battery life.
It has a tactical tail switch which can be operated with one hand.
It can use both lithium and alkaline battery.
It’s compact, and light in weight, therefore, can be carried around everywhere.
It’s durable and impact resistant.
The metal casing can become hot if left on for an extended period.
One of the most advantageous features it has is its compactness which will help you have a flashlight with great specs in a small light piece. To add on to this, it produces a bright light due to the C4 LED technology making it versatile. The bright light and small size surely make you want to buy more of them.
09. LED Lenser – F1 Flashlight, Black
This flashlight may not seem to be the first choice to come to mind, but it sure did earn a spot in my top 10 list of the best spotlight for camping.
- The F1 flashlight is so light in weight that you can carry it in your pocket with ease wherever you go. You can barely feel its weight, but it will give you sight in case you are frightened or in an emergency.
- The inbuilt temperature control is a big boost since it makes sure the ledlenser is always cool even after prolonged use of the spotlight, therefore, carrying it after use is no biggie.
- It has light modes that you can customize into low, high and strobe. This feature gives you a diversity of options to choose on the kind of lighting you deem perfect for any given situation.
- It is powered by 1 CR123A batteries which run for up to 3hrs and 30mins. Therefore, when stuck in the dark (or a night emergency), you can have plenty of time to come up with a plan.
It’s light and small size hence easy to carry.
It has a pocket clip that is reversible.
Can produce a maximum output of up to 400 lumens.
It uses batteries that are not rechargeable hence you will frequently be changing batteries when using.
I would recommend preferring this spotlight as a backup flashlight because it is perfect for only momentary usage but in case of frequent use, it might let you down.
Nonetheless, I hope I was not too brief, but just in case, please click on the link below to get more description of F1 flashlights inclusive with video of it in use.
10. LED Lenser – F1 Flashlight, Black
It’s an EDC light and has only two balanced modes of low and high. It uses two lithium batteries and has a single high output level of 320 lumens.
- It has a smooth finish and finger grooves. This helps hold the flashlight on to your hand.
- It’s LED emitter is enduring that helps it maximize light output and runtime.
- It contains a tactical tail cap switch. For momentary-on lighting, you just press the button, and for constant-on, you twist.
- It contains a precision micro-textured reflector. This generates an even, optimized beam.
Produces great output.
It’s bright and has a good central spot.
The material used to manufacture it is high-strength aerospace aluminum which increases its durability
It has only two modes, therefore, removing the confusion of strobesSimple on and off switch.
The finger grooves prove to be a bit slick, mainly if your hands are a little sweaty or wet.
The tail cap seems to take quite a bit more pressure to push down.
Does not come with a pocket clip.
This flashlight has a low lumen, but that does not make any less convenient. In fact, it’s more convenient than many other products of the same luminous intensity.
It is also easy to use and does not have a lot of control or operating buttons to confuse you. It is also very affordable.
Information sources for this review – Best Flashlight For Camping
We took to ourselves the responsibility of finding the best available spotlights in the market for you, the camper, so that you may have a wonderful experience at the campsite. We gathered information from different ways before writing this review.
- Firstly, our team had the first-hand experience with most of these flashlights. We were able to compare their quality regarding brightness, compactness, durability with the pricing. We also analyzed the reliability of the flashlights to be used for camping.
- Secondly, we obtained information from friends and frequent campers who have any of these flashlights or has had a chance to use them. We interviewed them, and to others, we gave questionnaires to fill. The questionnaires focused more on the quality of the flashlight and their experience with it at a campsite.
- Lastly, we researched the blogs and expert views on these flashlights from the internet. Here, we relied mostly on the quality and pricing. We wanted to find out if the flashlight were worth their pricing.
These reviewed flashlights are among the best available flashlights for camping. We considered the basic factors you should know before choosing any flashlight.
The listed flashlights are special in different ways. Most of them are flexible in that they can be used for various functions because they have inbuilt features that will help you choose the brightness level you require.They also have different designs that make them durable, waterproof, resistant to impact up to a certain elevation and also designed in a way that it is ergonomically.
This makes them have different purposes for hiking, bike riding, reading, or even illuminating the yard or tent.Regarding the pricing, the flashlights are worth every penny. The quality of lighting they produce is great according to the information.Moreover, their prices are affordable because we have taken into consideration the low, medium and high-income earners’ budgets.
It is now time to pick the best of the best flashlights that fit your purpose, the design you prefer and one that fits your budget and I am sure you won’t be disappointed.We highly value hearing from you and, therefore, make sure to send us your feedback or comment on what you think of this article. If you liked this article feel free to share it with friends and campers who are finding it difficult to get the best flashlights for camping.
Also Read :